Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bringing you up to date.......

Hi All.... We're just getting started on this whole weird, exciting and contorted trip. For any of you who me or knew me in the past this is one of those HOLY COW!!! he's doing WHAT???? kind of things. A guy who went from 170 playing college water polo to almost 300 playing flip cup and beer pong... is going to swim 2.4 miles, followed by riding 112 miles, and finishing with a Marathon?... right I bet he can't even walk 26.2 miles.... Well that's the plan...

First Triathlon - Olympic Length - Cleveland Triathlon
July 17th 2005
1500 Meter Swim
28 Mile Bike
10K Run
3 hours 15 minutes.... spent 15 minutes in the transitions... HA!

First Half Marathon - Carlsbad Marathon and Half (CALI BABY!!!!)
January 15th 2006
13.1 Miles
2 Hours 17 Minutes

First signs of Stress Fractures...
Pain... well January 1st 2006
Diagnosed after months of pain....March 2006.

Currently July 11th 2006,.... Starting Bone Stimulator in about a week.
This lovely device will hopefully stimulate growth and repair of my right tibia.
I will be down from running for AT LEAST 3 months.... perhaps 6.
Still a better option than steel.
Sooooo I'm concentrating on what I'm allowed to do while I heal... Swim and Bike!

Obviously I need to get back running before I complete an IronMan Triathlon
Talk to you all soon....
Thanks for stopping by.!

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Yay you started a blog!!! Very cool! I am so glad you are going to tough out this injury and come back stronger!!! I know you will do whatever you set your mind to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home