Monday, July 17, 2006



Runs prior to the development of stress fractures..... Those were the days. Life was soooo nice back then.... But just think that this gives me time to concentrate on my swimming and biking.

Since the last posting I've been working WAY hard on my house.... We painted just about every room in the house and redecorated just about everything. I also poured about 3 yards of Concrete on my front porch to create a new topping. Had to build the form and mix two bags of concrete with a bonding agent and THEN the cement truck showed up.... It's was pretty cool actually. The truck mixed the cement right there... Not one of those big mixer trucks... Pretty sweet. The truck was split into two sections one for the rock and one for sand and a water reservoir. So it backed up to the porch and poured it into wheelbarrow and then I would dump it and then we had to level it and then bull float it, and then smooth it out and then brush it.... Then seal it. Looks really nice actually. THEN came the retaining wall / planter. I built a retaining wall with one of those retaining wall systems.... 82 pounds interlocking bricks.... WOWZERS! Lots of block moving... Then you have to fill the retaining wall / planter with 3 TONS of stone... Then yard after yard after yard of dirt to fill it with.... Now all I have to do is plant some stuff in there. Sooner or later. It looks good none the less.

Saturday we had a fundraiser in my back yard for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society.... We had a corn hole tournament. Went over very well. 16 teams and a very wonderful day for a double elimination tournament, some hotdogs, hamburgers, and roasted corn. Great day.... We made some very good money for the cause and everyone had fun. We'll do it again next year I think.... Maybe we'll do it again sooner.

Been great. Talk to ya all soon.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

let me know if you do another tournament! I was so bummed we couldn't make it! Glad it went so well. Sounds like the house looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home