Thursday, August 03, 2006

SLACKER!!!!

Ok so I've been slacking on my posting.... So ... Sunday it was about 90 some degreed out... and we did the Sweet Corn Challenge - 50 Mile ride... I think they made this year harder than last year. Some of these hills were just dynamite! I had issues with one of them. Thinking I started to become dehydrated which didn't help.... Quad cramping and all that fun stuff.... It was a great day though. Sunny, beautiful scenery and everything. We had a great time, and as it looked so did everyone else. Ran into a few people I hadn't seen in years. That was nice. Always nice to catch up with people.... Especially if you've lost touch.


So... Um ok yeah so Monday I said well... Gotta get out there... 91 degrees or something close... went to meet the CTC Monday night Brick workout group and once again missed them by a couple of minutes.... like 4. Never caught up with them, but did see them on the road again... we passed near the turn around point.... Did a total of about 25 miles Monday night.... SWEAT LIKE A MULE..... This heat is amazing. I put down three bottles of water on that ride. Didn't even seem like there was salt in the water "running" off of me. I would guess that if you were behind me you would see a constant stream of water coming off the back of me.... felt good though.


Tuesday! Had another good swim with CTC in Bay. Didn't put in quite as much distance this week... actually felt quite sluggish and headed in a little early, but did get a decent workout in. I need to start getting up in the mornings.... hitting the gym. I'm a little worried that if I don't start lifting a little more I'm going to start using the muscle mass for fuel during all this cardio.... I also want to get back into the pool in the mornings... I need to start getting in like 8,000-10,000 yards a week.... boy oh boy.... lots of time. I need to start doing sprints... I just have not done enough speed work.


OK! so I was browsing around and ran into the blog of another CTC member... so now I feel like a pansy. She signed up for her first IRONMAN without ever completing an Olympic length tri.... I've done that... but don't have the gusto to sign up for a race... Now I'm not allowed to run.. but I need to sign up for one of these races about a year in advance... so I had better suck it up and pull the trigger!!!!

Ok... that's it for now...
Stay Cool!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

I think that I swam with you in Bay Village last week (I ducked out early with my Dad). Nice to meet you!

So my goal is to complete all legit distance triathlons in one year- sprint and oly down, Half aquabike next weekend (I have some running issues right now, too), half ironman 3/31 in Cali, and IM CdC June 24th. The thinking is to sign up for everything while I'm still too stupid to know better. Is it bad that I'm already having nightmares and heart palpitations? :)

Sucks about the stress fractures! I was going to suggest the Las Vegas half marathon. 10,000 runners, 250,000 spectators. Big party! Maybe next year it will fit into ironman training...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home