Monday, August 07, 2006

Missed'em again.....

Once again tried to make the Monday night Brick at RR.... Missed by about 10 this time. Not quite a disheartening as missing them by about a minute or two.

Left work "on time" to make the ride... then the 176 - 90W interchange was all stopped up and there went my time buffer to make the Brick. I'm getting to the point where I may just head out by my house or try to set up a ride of my own with some friends.

My right knee was a bit off tonight hurt a little on the way back after about 15 miles. Only got about 20 miles in this evening, but I went pretty strong, so I'm not tooooo disappointed. I need to take the bike in for tune up, think it's about time to make sure everything is tight and running well. I need to start stretching out those rides to more like 30 or 40 miles. I need to push those out and start to pump up the speed.... I think I need to spend some time at the gym simply strengthening my legs with some Squats, Lunges, Extensions, Curls... Think those are on my acceptable workout routine with the stress fractures? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! I guess I won't be doing that for a couple of months... Not sure how to accomplish the strengthening I need to get faster with out the ability to build the stronger larger amounts of good ol'Lean Muscle Mass. Well I guess I'll need to find a way NO? Suggestions? Would love to hear'em!

Keep on pedaling Cleveland!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

aack I need to find that pool running regime for you!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Have you talked to your sports med doc about strength training? I wonder if they could figure out some acceptable excercises for you. After all, if they let you bike, you might be able to get away with some good band workouts.

I hear you on the ChiTown traffic. Just got back from Milwaukee last night and had a hell of a time getting through the Dan Ryan Expy. I swear if it's not one road ripped up it's another in that town!

Won't make it to swimming tonight because I crashed my bike Sat. and don't want to soak my road rash in E. coli until it heals up a little. Will you be out at the GCT this weekend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home