Friday, August 25, 2006

Since my last Blog...

Ok... Since last Wednesday. Thursday lifted for about 35 - 45 minutes then Swam at the Rec for about a half hour straight... some where around 2000 - 2500 yards. Good workout. Cannot complain about how the swimming's been going at all. My stroke is long and strong, Breathing every three strokes currently, and soon I'm going to move to every four in the pool, and then you know where we go from there right? That's right! Every 5! I need to get the aerobic endurance back.... I can do that right? Get back to when I was 18? a 31 year old can get there ...... right? RIGHT!?!?!

Well as long as I can get close I'll take it be happy. I doubt I'll get back to 175 lbs and 10% body fat.... I just don't see it happening, I'd be happy if I could get back down to 200 lbs. That would be good... Of course I have quite a bit more "MEAT" on me than when I was 18. I wasn't "frail" or "Wiry" by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn't start to really retain any bulk muscle till I was in my 20's. I'm spending at least two days a week in the gym lifting to build some bulk/Endurance muscle. Say What Steve? Well I lift 90% of max as many times as I can, 20 - 25 reps for 3 - 4 sets. When I can easily do 25 reps for all sets, move up weight. About once a month I do "Bulk" work. Lifting 100% of max... and you'll find it interesting, building the repetitive "endurance" work will help with your "bulk" lean muscle mass. Ok. where was I Lean muscle mass...no no no... what've I've been up to.. that right.... I get so lost somedays?

Ok.. So then this weekend I headed to Indianapolis for my Grandmother's Funeral. It was a nice day and get to see some relatives that I haven't seen in quite a while. I'm hoping that my cousin and his fiancée are going to come up later this fall to see me. Don't see him much, and they've never been to Cleveland, I think it would be a good trip for them... and fun for all of us. by the way that drive is hell when you don't leave the house till about 8 pm... you don't get to Indy till about 1:30 in the morning. Drive home was nice. We stopped at all sorts of weird places... like some place that could have been called candle heaven.... very interesting...

Monday night I hit the gym again. Lifted for about 45 minutes. That "my muscles are completely dead" is such a good feeling isn't it? I love it... of course that the time to really push yourself, the time to get your body ready for those late race pushes. You know the time when you're whole body is starting to feel like it needs to slump over and you don't feel like you can even lift your body if you were to fall over... THAT'S when you need to push your self. So I do that to me via the weights and then move the pool for a nice swim... another 30 minute swim followed by 30 minutes of aqua jogging. I as still amazed with how much that can just tear you up... who would have thought running in the water would be that hard.!! well I guess someone since they have aqua jogging rehab programs and such. I was just a little late getting on the bus. I actually enjoy it so much that I think that not only during the rehab of my leg will I use it, but also during my training, to keep from injuring my leg in the future. I will train on land, don't get me wrong, but I think that I'm going to do a lot water training for my running, to keep from injuring my legs. Well I gotta run and... BOY oh BOY do I still have lots to say... I have to tell you about our Tuesday night Swim and our friend JT's attempted escape to Canada, and then the Fund-raiser on Wednesday night... etc etc etc.... BUT alas I must run... so I'll fill you in on that soon.. Why has it takes so long this time? well because I wrote all of this once and then crappola happened and I had nothing... so I get to write it twice. See you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home