Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tuesday Night Swim

Once again a beautiful night for an outdoor open water swim. The conditions... fairly calm, and mostly flat, however, it was definitely moving in one direction. The wind was coming North West to South East. It was definitly moving the water in that same direction, which gives way to some really fun swimming. When swimming with the wind you move smoothly and quickly, but when you are moving in the other direction, however, you might as well be a salmon, because that's what you feel like as you take stroke after stroke and breath looking at the same spot of land just to your south which appears to to stay exactly the same. We did make it across the bay three times yesterday, so it was a good workout.

We had a good group last night, seven of us I think... As always lots of wet suit wearer's.... (cheaters)..... just kidding. I like to give them a hard time about cheating. There is nothing wrong with using a wet suit. I'm a big proponent of pushing your swimming... and if you can do that without the wet suit you will be in better shape to compete in the wet suit.... well that's my logic... and my soap box. So I know, I know.... get down off it Steve. ; - }

I hope you are all well! I'm glad this cold is finally breaking... I was a little worried swimming in the wonderfully clean water of Lake Erie would not be of much assistance in keeping me healthy. I have to say that I feel better this morning than I have in days! So what's going on today? well I was lazy this morning and didn't get up to lift and swim..... SOOOoooo I have to take all day off .... why? becuase I have my standing weekly run with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society's Team in Training.... I'm mentoring a great group of people who are doing FANTASTIC on their training for a marathon or half marathon. Since I can't run I make sure they all stretch, and have enough water and Sports Drinks to be well hydrated and healthy... they had a nice 14 mile run last weekend, so I'm sure they'll be a little sore today, but we'll have a great run anyway.

Can't wait till the next good training day for me! and I hope to see you out there! It's been a GREAT year for training outside, so get outside and take advantage of it.!

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

I wish the water was always either really cold which forces a wetsuit or really warm so no one could wear one. I hate that borerline temp where all the bad swimmers want their wetsuit but I feel like I am going to suffocate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home