Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Good Week So Far!

Tuesday Night Swim…..

Strange Green hue on the water today. VERY algae covered was the bay today, we swam anyway, ok sorry I’m going to stop the Iambic Pentameter …. Seriously sorry. I wasn’t trying it just started to come out…. We swam a mile again last night in Lake Erie out in Bay Village… The CTC Tuesday night swim is one of my favorite things every week. Today was a little thin there were only 4 of us there. JT and I had our usual into the sun swimming extravaganza… where I head toward shore and she heads towards Canada, however we think we’ve figured out a system…. she stays south when we head into the sun and then we just run into each other and then redirect for a while and then do it again …. And again ….. and again until we get across the bay… that way she doesn’t head to Canada and I don’t end up running ashore. Seems to work for us. We had a nice swim last night other than the green meanies on the surface. The waster was pretty flat and smooth for the most part. Not very clear at all, for “expert” swimmers like us that doesn’t matter!!! The water is starting to get a bit cool and soon I’ll have to either don a wetsuit or stop open swimming…. Stop open water swimming it is! maybe. we’ll see. I really hate those things…. ok ok… I know enough of the wet suit bashing…. but you don’t see anyone wearing one in the pool when you’re putting in the yardage during when you can’t swim outside… RIGHT?

Wednesday Morning with the USMS!!!!

Arrived a little early for the swim practice this morning at Cleveland State University where the USMS swims every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, look for a “legal” parking spot where CSU won’t ticket me $30 for paying them to come use the pool. Found my way in, changed and headed out to the pool…. JT was already standing there marking our lane. It’s always nice to see a smiling face when you get somewhere for the first time. Her being there put me at ease that I wouldn’t be TOTALLY out of my league, because we’re about the same speed in the open water, BUT I haven’t done a 3,000 meter practice in probably 13 – 14 YEARS. I am just not doing that kind of distance when I swim alone. I stretched a bit and grabbed a pull buoy and kick board and look at the black board…….

300 FR Warm up
300 IM
200 FR Pull
200 Stroke Pull
2 x 100 Kick
5 x 100 IM
12 x 100
1st 50M Stroke, 50M FR
2nd 100M Stroke
3rd IM
8 x 50M Kick
Odds FR
Evens Stroke
300 Pull FR

Yeah roughest Workout I’ve had in at least 13 years. My head’s still swimming a bit… it’s not used to oxygen deprivation for an hour and half anymore…. most I’ve pushed it so far is about 45 minutes maybe an hour. So… Big question.. IS HE GOING BACK? HELL YES! I felt great afterwards today, even though I couldn’t pull myself out of the pool, …. Yeah I had to use the ladder… I know PATHETIC! But I finished the workout and I most certainly will be back…

Keep Kicking Cleveland, I’m looking forward to next practice!

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

You were cruising this morning! It was fun swimming with you. The slow lane was actually very fast today. I think that was the first time I have ever been the slowest person at a master's practice. Glad you're coming back! Friday- 3600 meters of SPEEDWORK! hell ya. :)

I don't know what's worse- Using the ladder to get out (I have done that), or what I usually do: Make at least 2 failed attempts at pulling myself out, before finally getting my foot in the gutter to heave my destroyed body out. It must look terrible. Have you ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Jerry dates the nudist? There's good naked and bad naked. That's bad swimsuit.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger E-Speed said...

Glad somebody is getting in some good swims cuz I sure am not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home