Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas.....

So.... Lets see... been gone a very long time since I've been to visit my own page...

So. Here's what's been happening... just had my last visit with the doctor and been given the green light to try to "power" walk or use the elliptical machine. So I've been given the go a head for some "loading" exercises. I've been back to the gym playing with the elliptical machine and lifting so I'm having lots of fun.

On to the title.... This means presents... and I got good ones!

I got a magnetic resistance trainer for my bike and I've set up the game machine in front of it so I can play games to keep my mind off of the riding while I'm training... The magnetic trainer has five resistance levels and is fantastic!

I also got some more wicking shirts and cycling shorts... always a must. I'm set for winter training.

I've also once again signed up to be a mentor for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. I was picked to mentor for the Philadelphia Triathlon, so I will get to actually train with my mentees this season. I'm setting up some group swims and come spring group rides with these charitable and gutsy folks. This should be a good group and lots of fun training to train with.

I hope to be up and running by February and look forward to a good year of Tri's!

I hope to see you all out there!

I'll be hitting the USMS practices again come January. Looking forward to that as well.

Later kiddos!

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

I have been thinking about trying to play some games while I ride. I've survived so far with movies. Let me know how the gaming goes!

ps. glad you got the green light to start heading towards running again. Bridget was really excited about it when I talked to her a few weeks ago.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blog land! I'd almost given up checking in on you. Glad you are back to training!

See you at Masters next year!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'll be hitting the USMS practices again come January"

I'll believe it when I see it...

;-)

Jodi

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'll be hitting the USMS practices again come January"

I'll believe it when I see it...

;-)

Jodi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home