Monday, September 17, 2007

Summer.... Where does it go.....

So many nice days.... so little time.

So this summer went well. I'm finally allowed to run again. YEAH!!!! How far? you ask? well.... Doctor says that I'm only allowed to run for 3 minutes and walk for 3 minutes for about 30 minutes a session....yeah. So that's great..... LOOK AT THOSE MILE RACK UP! This getting out to run for the first time in a long time is a very interesting experience. One might think, "well after a year and a half off your feet you're REALLY going to need to basically start over". Very true, and very false. My cardio has actually been ok, not out of breath.... I can't run as long, but my speed is ridiculous. I'm running 8:30 - 9:00 minute miles the whole time I'm running. When I dropped off the running due to the stress fractures I was only able to hold the 10:00min/mile. And I know what some of you are thinking.... Yeah that's great Steve you're only running for 3 minutes at a time... and only for 30 minutes.... I hope you can run that fast..... BUT..... as anyone who knows me would know..... I've never been very good at following Doctors orders. I did very well with NO running for 18 -24 months...I think that was very good of me. So I'm running/Walking more like 50 - 60 minutes an outing once to twice a week. I'm covering 5.5 - 6 miles per outing which I think is great. I'm very happy with my added speed, and current endurance. So back at it.

As for biking... well I've kept up with that very well. 100 -150 miles per week.... and holding a pretty good pace..... so now all I have to do is get my butt back in the pool for the up coming swim season and prep me for next summer's Triathlons.

As for physically,..... you might think with no swimming, and very little running that I would be packing on the pounds.... NO Lost 45. and working on getting rid of the rest.

I hope to see you all out there soon!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger E-Speed said...

damn sounds like you have been busy despite no running! I am looking forward to seeing you and Bridget at the end of the month! 45 pounds! I may not recognize you!

glad you are able to run again. That much time off would have driven me insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home