Thursday, July 17, 2008

3 weeks out.....

Three weeks out and feeling strong. August 10th I will be competing in my first half Ironman distance triathlon. The Greater Cleveland Tri will promise to be a trial of my physical and mental endurance. I hope the hours I've spent preparing will pay off in a sub 7 hour race. Typical weekly work outs for as of late....

4,000 Meters of swimming....
60-80 Miles on the ol'two wheeler.....
and as much running as my legs can handle... only about 8 - 10 miles a week...

I know I know... "10 miles a week you slacker!!!!" I agree completely, however, after the stress fractures I certainly do not want to go through that all over again. So I'm hoping that 8-10 miles of preparation per week will get me to the finish line in about 2:30... I completed the flying pig in about that. I'm hoping that the rest of athletic gains I've made will assist in getting me through the finish line. I'm considering competing in the open water meet on July 26th.... So that would be the last "training" before my taper.

Well That's about all I got right now....
Hope to see you out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home